Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 22nd Studio

Jeff and I had a rough night on this one. We both lost our main pieces. I ended up redoing mine, he worked on something else.

Mine was supposed to be a longer vase and wanted to work on thinning out the walls as well. First I blew my piece a little thin in one spot so I had to stop, couldn't thin it out any further. We puntied up and tried to transfer. Had a bad attachment and the punty popped off. While Jeff was getting a new one, I went to the glory hole to get a flash. Bad idea. The piece exploded in the glory hole.

I decided to redo the same piece and again had trouble blowing it out evenly. Instead of a vase, I ended up with more of a bowl shape. The piece came out good even though it wasn't exactly what I was trying for.


We each only got two pieces out this time. My second one was a paperweight that I wanted to spin out. Same technique as the one I tried a few months ago that flopped over. Didn't have quite as much glass this time and managed to keep it under better controle.

No comments:

Post a Comment