Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Studio time

This past Sunday Jeff and I rented studio time in the hot shop. Being on our own was definitely a different experience but we did really well. My goal for the day was to practice just blowing a simple ornament, making a cup (with a bottom this time!) and pushing myself a little bit by doing a third gather.




This piece was my blue and white bowl from last weeks class.


Rob asked for some scale in the pictures last week, so just for you bud. Todays pieces compared to a Lego Luke Skywalker :).

2 comments:

  1. haha Lego Luke! Brother that is sweet! I am officially going to commission you to make me a cool drinking cup. Name the $$$!

    Something to sit out back and sip CapnCoke from :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tentatively schedule for another studio session on the 10th and I'm planning on focusing on practicing just cups. Need to work on squaring up the bottom and thinning out the walls a bit. My current cups are more suited to bar fights than sitting out back!

    ReplyDelete